Report Spills

Reporting Water Pollution and Spills

If you see a spill or activity that is causing water pollution anywhere in Kitsap County, including the cities of Port Orchard, Bremerton, and Poulsbo and Bainbridge Island, please report it! You can report spills through Kitsap1 or on our convenient SeeClickFix app.


Contact Kitsap1 at 360.337.5777. Kitsap1 is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is closed on weekends and holidays. If the spill is discovered after hours and it is NOT an emergency, please leave a voice mail or email

You can also report a spill through Kitsap1's web page.

If it is an emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately.


Kitsap1 staff review and respond to SeeClickFix app requests during regular business hours. Reports made on holidays, weekends or after hours are reviewed during the next business day. PLEASE NOTE: The SeeClickFix app is not to be used for emergencies. For urgent matters that require immediate attention or a first responder response, call 9-1-1.

What is water pollution or a spill? What should I report?

You should file a report if you see any of the following types of activities that allow waste water to discharge into Kitsap County roadways, storm drains, ditches, or water bodies:

  • Oil spills
  • Hazardous or chemical spills
  • Paint spills and dirty paint wash water
  • Muddy water exiting a construction site
  • Carpet cleaning water discharge
  • Leaking dumpsters and used cooking oil bins
  • Car washing soap
  • Car leaks (oil, antifreeze, etc.)
  • Pressure washing

 Examples of Spills