​Applying for Temporary Emergency Assistance

Kitsap County Department of Human Services administers the Veterans Assistance Fund (formally known as the Soldiers and Sailors or Relief Fund) for veterans in need. The money comes from a small portion of property taxes and is dedicated to providing assistance to veterans and their families.

Every county in Washington has a veterans assistance fund under the auspices of Chapter 73.08, Revised Code of Washington. (RCW 73.08)

The fund is guided by the Policy and Procedures Manual for Assisting Veterans in Need in Kitsap County which describes the variety of benefits and eligibility, available here: Manual (Resolution 039-2022) 

Veterans Assistance Fund income guidelines

Click here for the application and where to apply