Development and Land Use

Keep your home safe!

Here at Kitsap County, we prioritize keeping you, your family, your home, and anyone who visits safe. Any time you are planning a home project, we are here to help make sure your project passes life safety concerns and reduces the likelihood of any future unforeseen disasters from happening.

Development and Land Use - Common Project Types

Below is a list of the most common development and land use projects.
If you are ready to apply, visit the Prepare, Apply, Manage page.


Agriculture Assembly Event - Site Plan Review

Agriculture Conditional Use Permit/Agriculture Administrative Conditional 

Agriculture Building - Commercial 

Agriculture Structure - Residential 

Agriculture RV

Home Business 

Home Business - Building Application

Home Business - Land Use Application

Planning and Zoning

Appeal/Objection of an Administrative Decision 

Conditional Use Permit (CUP) and Administrative Conditional Use Permit (ACUP)

Conditional User Permit (CUP) for High-Risk Secured Facilities

Conditional Use Permit (CUP) - Revision and Administrative Conditional Use Permit (ACUP) - Revision

Conditional Use Permit (CUP)/Administrative Conditional Use Permit (ACUP) - Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU)

Director's Interpretation - Formal

Legal Lot Determination

Performance-Based Development

Performance-Based Development - Revision Minor or Major

Rezone Request - Not Requiring the Comprehensive Plan Amendment 

Transfer of Development Rights Certificate

Wireless Communication Facilities - Administrative Conditional Use Permit, Conditional Use Permit, and Letter of Exemption

Zoning Variance 

Transitory Housing

Indoor Transitory Accommodation

Large Transitory Accommodation

Safe Park Transitory Accommodation

Single-Family Transitory Accommodation 

Small Transitory Accommodation