Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Protection Orders

Anti-harassment, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Vulnerable Adult, and Extreme Risk

If you or someone you know is currently in danger, call 9-1-1 immediately


Screening and various protection orders may be obtained in the Clerk's office. All petitioners of a protection order must be screened by Superior Court prior to filing. You will need to come in to the Clerk's office to complete paperwork and submit them to the Court between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (closed for lunch 12:15 p.m. - 1:15 p.m.). If you are not able to come to the court house, please review the e-fling procedures below. 

There are different types of protections orders, intended for specific situations. These types include Anti-Harassment, Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Vulnerable Adult, and Extreme Risk Protection Orders. State law RCW 7.105 establishes who can seek them, who they can protect, who they can restrain, the types of protections and relief they offer, when and where court hearings are conducted, what costs may be incurred, etc. There is a $53 filing fee for Anti-Harassment which you may motion the court for relief.

People may incorrectly use "no contact" or "restraining" interchangeably with protection orders. No contact and restraining orders can also order a person not to contact or harm someone, but they are not protection orders and are used in different situations.

No-contact orders: Requested by the prosecuting attorney in a criminal case to protect the victim or witness of the crime.  For information about obtaining or terminating a criminal "no-contact" order, contact the Kitsap County Prosecuting Attorney.    

Restraining orders: Requested by the parties as part of an existing domestic cases such as a divorce or a case to determine paternity, custody, child support or visitation. To download domestic restraining order forms, visit Washington Pattern Forms:

Two types of protection orders for people who do not have a domestic relationship are primarily filed in District Court: Anti harassment and Stalking.


The process of starting an order for protection  is essentially the same for all the varying case types. Initially you will have to file a Petition for an Order for Protection and a Temporary Order for Protection; a law enforcement information sheet will also need to be completed. Please refer below for E-filing instructions if you are not able to appear in person. Depending on the case type and situation you may have additional documents to complete.

Once you have completed your paperwork it will all be submitted to a  judge for review. The judge will decide whether or not to issue the Temporary Order for Protection, this temporary order will last until the hearing where all parties can be present to discuss the case. Temporary orders typically last between 7 and 14 days. In most cases local law enforcement will coordinate the service of your documents upon the other side; however, in some instances you will have to arrange or coordinate the service yourself. 

If you need help with the process or more information about your options you may contact the clerk's office for help. Please contact an advocate to complete paperwork if you re not able to appear in person or follow procedures below. Additionally, there are a number of  local organizations available to assist, see the 'Additional Resources & Links' section for more info. 

Modify/Terminate or Renew

Either party can motion to modify, terminate, or renew the terms of the order for protection by filing a motion and notice of hearing. Please find instructions below.

Appearing for the Hearing

In person: Judge/Commissioner: TBD    Courtroom: 206  Address:614 Division St Port Orchard, WA 98366

Online: (audio and video) App: Zoom Meeting ID: 971- 6030-3815 Passcode: 206

By Phone: (audio only) For those calling in by phone, simply dial any one of the following Zoom access numbers and enter the appropriate Meeting ID and Passcode. Remember, video participants will see the number you are calling from unless you first dial *67 when calling Zoom. (253) 215-8782 ,(346) 248-7799, (669) 900-9128, (312) 626-6799 (646) 558-8656 (301) 715-8592

If you have trouble connecting online or by phone Contact the court at 360.337.7140 or;

Ask for an interpreter, if needed. Contact: Jennifer Anderson at 360.337.7140 or

Ask for disability accommodation, if needed. Contact: Superior Court Administration at 360.337.7140


Additional Resources and Links

Clerk's office procedure

Clerk Office Protection Order Resource

Protection Order Brochure

Protection Order E-Filing

Forms and Self-help resources about domestic violence issues in Washington State.

Get a Domestic Violence Protection Order | | Helpful information about the law in Washington.

Extreme Risk Protection Order Brochure

RCW 7.105

Response Packet

Motion to modify-terminate order for protection

Transfer CPO to Kitsap Superior Court

Kitsap County Domestic Violence Task Force 360-479-5392

Domestic Violence Hotline.................... 1-800-562-6025

Coordinated Legal Education, Advice &  Referral (CLEAR) 

System ……………………………………….…..888-201-1014
Kitsap Legal Services……….……………….360-479-6125
YWCA Legal Advocates ……….…………..360-479-0491; YWCA Kitsap County – 24/7 Hotline: 1-800-500-5513
YWCA Alive Shelter ……………...............360-479-1980; Turning Pointe Survivor Advocacy Center - Kitsap County, North Mason County, Shelton, Belfair, WA
Turning Point Advocacy Center…… 360-426-1216 
Navy Legal Advocate ………..……………..360-396-4853
Dispute Resolution Center………………..360-698-0968
YWCA 24-hour crisis hotline……………..800-500-5513
KSAC 24-hour crisis support line……….866-831-2050
National Domestic Violence Hotline.....800-799-7233

Access to information & notification for protective order status:

Washington Protective Order Service 1-877-242-4055  

myPlan | Everyone Deserves to Be Safe in Their Relationships (